This is a contest about stage presentation and is open to all costumes, handmade or not. The contestant will have the chance to walk the “Runway” of the contest stage to show off their costume in various poses. This is not a performance and will have no options for speaking or music selection.
Want to show off your favorite costume but don’t qualify for the craftsmanship contest? We have the contest for you! Show off your amazing costumes, bought or not, in our Runway Competition! Contestants will get to walk the main stage in their nerdy finest and compete for multiple awards. Do you have what it takes?
- Best Youth Costume
- Best Sci-Fi Costume
- Best Fantasy Costume
- Best Prop
- Best Wig
- Best Stage Presence
- Most Creative
- Best Group
- Judge’s Choice
- Costumes must follow the code of conduct as set in Station Unity Rules as well as local laws. No costume is no costume.
- Poor sportsmanship is grounds for disqualification from future Station Unity contests. Be a gracious winner and loser. Additionally, bullying another contestant is strictly prohibited. If the contest coordinator finds out that bullying has occurred the bully will be disqualified. Be kind to your fellow contestants.
- Original characters are permitted.
- No entries may contain religious, political, insulting or offensive statements. We utilize the following definition of offensive cosplays: cosplays that incite violence, racism, sexism, homophobia, ableism, transphobia, ageism, and bigotry. This includes race-facing (e.g. blackface/brownface/yellowface) as well as costumes that replicate or make light of historic or current international or national tragedies (this includes depictions of the novel coronavirus in any way).
- No unsafe movements will be permitted on stage. No fighting, jumping, breakdancing, or romantic proposals (this could be unsafe, trust us). Additionally, no glitter, confetti, silly string, or anything else that would leave a mess on the stage. If you bring it on the stage, it must leave the stage with you.
- Use of latex balloons and gloves are not permitted. This is a disability/accessibility rule. Failure to comply may kill contest staff. We like our staff alive. Latex alternatives like silicon or mylar are permitted. You will not be penalized for not including props like latex balloons in your costume. If you have a question about what could be considered dangerous please email the contest staff at: (insert email here).
- Costumes may be handmade or store bought.
- Judges’ rulings are final.
- Any audience interaction must be approved by staff prior to the stage walk. Failure to get approval may result in disqualification.
- Each contestant may have 1 handler if needed. Handler use will be based on staff approval. Youth entrants must be accompanied by an adult.
Youth- 13 years or younger, must be accompanied by an adult. (Adult does not have to be in costume)
Individual- 14 years old or older.
Group- Two or more people.