THESE POLICES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE
As we enter into a post-COVID 19 world, Station-Unity will continue to strive to protect and prioritize the safety and health of all our participants. While Maryland’s mask mandate has been lifted, Station Unity’s staff would like to provide a safe environment all attendees. We will be following the Prince George’s County’s Mandates and Regulations and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommendations, and industry best practices to ensure a clean and safe environment.
PLEASE NOTE: National Harbor resides in Prince George’s County, Maryland and if there is a county mask mandate in effect for the area, Station Unity and Gaylord National will be enforce these policies. For more information please see the Prince George’s County Website for more details. While these regulations are reflected in our policies, they are subject to change.
- Your mask must be worn at all times, except for the following:
- While eating in restaurants or in café areas.
- Outside the building.
- If you have a disability that prevents you from wearing a mask.
- Masks are 100% required to enter and be in the premises; this is all convention spaces and areas and enforce by Station Unity Staff. Further exceptions will be based on guidance found here.
- Attendees will be required to be fully vaccinated two (2) weeks prior to arrival of the event. If you do not fit the criteria of being fully vaccinated, you can not attend this event. Without proof of vaccination to verify you’re fully vaccinated, you will not be permitted entrance. If you have questions on the definition of “fully vaccinated”, please review the CDC guidelines on their website.
- Proof of Vaccine that is acceptable can be an original physical vaccination card or a digital vaccination record issued by a government body, healthcare provider, or authorized COVID-19 vaccine administrator, either displayed on your smart device or printed out. We will also accept a third-party app that validates your vaccination record with a government body, healthcare provider, or authorized COVID-19 vaccine administrator (apps such as CLEAR and AZOVA will NOT be accepted). CDC definition of “fully vaccinated” is:
- A 2-dose series of an mRNA COVID-19 vaccine (Pfizer-BioNTech, Novavax or Moderna), or
- A single-dose COVID-19 vaccine (Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine)
- For reference, you can visit: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/stay-up-to-date.html?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Fcoronavirus%2F2019-ncov%2Fvaccines%2Ffully-vaccinated.html
- Booster shots are optional; therefore, it is not considered under the “fully vaccinated status”. However, we do highly encourage everyone to obtain the booster if they are eligible.
- Bullying anyone for wearing a mask will not be tolerated.
- Sanitizing stations will be located throughout the convention space.
- There will be limited close contact events and limited physical contact with guests. This will be at the guest’s discretion.
- Vendors are encouraged to utilize cashless payment options (Tap to Pay, CashApp, Paypal, etc) to avoid contact.
- Failure to follow the guidelines will result in progressive warnings up to potential removal from the event.
**Per the CDC: “Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is a respiratory illness that can spread from person to person. There is no way to ensure zero risks of infection. The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. In general, the more closely you interact with others and the longer that interaction, the higher the risk of COVID-19 spread. If you decide to engage in public activities, continue to protect yourself by practicing everyday preventive actions.” Additionally, the CDC states that, “older adults and people who have severe underlying medical conditions like heart or lung disease or diabetes seem to be at higher risk for developing serious complications from COVID-19 illness.”
By attending Katsucon, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.